This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
ssh with password allows commands that fail with ssh via key
- From: "Blando, Frank (Helion Managed Engineering)" <frank dot blando at hpe dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 22:18:36 +0000
- Subject: ssh with password allows commands that fail with ssh via key
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I suspect this is already answered somewhere, but my googling has not brought up an answer.
CygWin with OpenSSH 6.6.1p1-3 on Windows 2012 R2. Using the domain administrator account as the target on Windows.
When I ssh into Windows from Linux, if I use a password, "powershell -command get-cluster" works. If I use key (store in .ssh/authorized_keys), "powershell -command get-cluster" returns access denied. Simpler commands do not appear to make a distinction and work equally well with password or keys.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple