This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Installing Cygwin on Windows 8.1
- From: Design-Discount <info at diz-dis dot ru>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 11:00:15 +0300
- Subject: Installing Cygwin on Windows 8.1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I want to install Cygwin on Windows 8.1 64bit but got no success using
any variant. I tried:
1) I downloaded fresh setup-x86_x64 from cygwin site and then tried to
install from Internet but got empty mirror list.
2) Then I tried manually add mirror from https://cygwin.com/mirrors.lst
(this file accessible from my computer) but got "unable to get
3) then I tried to download WHOLE package manually from one of the
mirrors (all mirrors normally accessible from my computer via FTP or
HTTP) to setup from local package. When I downloaded all packages (about
30 Gigs) I ran setup with local package option. Package folder was
scanned and I got list of categories. But there was no package in any
4) also I tried to run setup on my Windows 7 notebook. It got mirror
list normally. Also I downloaded packages by setup program using my
notebook, then transfered them to my Win 8.1 desktop, but the story was
the same: I saw list of categories without packages. But on Win7
notebook I saw packages in categoies when I tried to install from the
5) Also I tried to turn off or even uninstall my firewall and antivirus
software, but all results was the same.
6) I tried to run setup with administrator rights or without them, tried
to use different folders and HDD paths, tried to use x86 setup instead
of x64 setup.
But nothing helped me.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple