This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: linux libertine mono in mintty ?
- From: Thomas Wolff <towo at towo dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 08:53:17 +0200
- Subject: Re: linux libertine mono in mintty ?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <17bb39655065363a0e37c6e51cc093d3 at 127 dot 0 dot 0 dot 1>
Am 27.09.2015 um 19:29 schrieb J.D. Laub:
Mintty is not an X windows program. To make fonts available for mintty,
you have to install them with Windows, not X11 (I'll add a note to the
Tips wiki page).
Even if you do that, Linux Libertine Mono is not listed in the mintty
font menu. The reason for that is probably that the font file is missing
an explicit flag to identify it as a monospace font. I suggest to file a
bug with Linux Libertine about that.
In windows7 I've installed the Linux Libertine Mono O Mono font, and use
it for putty. Wanting to use the same in cygwin, I've installed the latest
linux-libertine-fonts, xorg-server, & xfs, but I can't get latest mintty to
offer it as a font, from either the console or X. (It does offer
Liberation Mono.) Suggestions on things I can try besides the reboot I've
You can still use it, though, with this invocation:
mintty -o Font="Linux Libertine Mono"
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple