This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: workflow idiom to compare zip/tgz with folder subtree
- From: Paul <Paul dot Domaskis at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 11:32:15 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: workflow idiom to compare zip/tgz with folder subtree
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <loom dot 20150922T134912-790 at post dot gmane dot org> <97783140 dot 20150922161211 at yandex dot ru> <loom dot 20150923T030425-106 at post dot gmane dot org> <6E467703-38A3-4128-ACEE-26D0F75678D0 at etr-usa dot com> <loom dot 20150925T025036-592 at post dot gmane dot org> <308131881 dot 20150925043958 at yandex dot ru>
Andrey Repin <anrdaemon <at> yandex.ru> writes:
> If anything, I would NOT recommend CVS to anyone making their first
> steps into VCS world. Subversion is way more consistent, better
> thought out and have about the same usability characteristics where
> they are comparable. (And don't forget the marvelous svnbook.org
> ...) The unly reason I was using CVS up until a month ago for some
> of my projects is because I was lazy and did not convert them to
> Subversion ten years ago.
Ah, OK. Well thanks for the heads up. Time is so hard to come by
these days that knowing about any non-starters is very helpful. Thank
BTW, is your sig obsolete? What's this about terrible english?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple