This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin potentially corrupting permissions?
- From: Linda Walsh <cygwin at tlinx dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 12:26:25 -0700
- Subject: Re: cygwin potentially corrupting permissions?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAGpXXZKUQtAbrQ80VDHZhy0aZtzG+5fDB7bcYz-kwQ3Kgx6ueQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <560366EE dot 5020207 at tlinx dot org> <CAGpXXZJeWs33BJi7qROduZEhTx1pXXXseTbfXu+QP8+cf_r5hQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <466149660 dot 20150924213756 at yandex dot ru>
Andrey Repin wrote:
Your system seems to be mangled. There should be no "root" user.
Also, please avoid top posting as per list rules.
You are missing one? Don't tell me, you have
Maybe that's why you see Greg's messages as top-posted, where
as I saw him as interleaving his response w/what I said? ;-)
If you have Win7-Pro or above, you can rename Admin
and Guest accounts -- which is recommended for security reasons.
If you read windows 'rules', you'd know that... (so many rules
to read...really hard for someone to keep up)...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple