This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Bash / cygwin process spawning (?) performance very slow
- From: Lee <ler762 at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 13:46:59 -0400
- Subject: Re: Bash / cygwin process spawning (?) performance very slow
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5603CEC3 dot 5080607 at gmail dot com> <560431B5 dot 5040203 at null dot net>
On 9/24/15, litter wrote:
>> On 24/09/2015 11:57, litter wrote:
>>> Obviously something is. The FAQ entry does not mention performance, but
>>> real failures.
>>> How to further diagnose this?
> I took the plunge and spent almost a full day trying to find the cause.
... snip ...
> turns out that Comodo Firewall (Free version) loads a DLL in each process
> that is the cause of the delay.
... snip ...
> (although it would have been nice if there was an easier way to diagnose it,
> maybe with tracing?)
If you use http://www.dependencywalker.com/ on bash.exe with view/full
paths enabled, does the Comodo Firewall dll stand out or is it just
another .dll loaded from windows\system32?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple