This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Bash / cygwin process spawning (?) performance very slow
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 12:21:55 +0200
- Subject: Re: Bash / cygwin process spawning (?) performance very slow
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5603C91B dot 8030104 at null dot net>
On 24/09/2015 11:57, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
Obviously something is. The FAQ entry does not mention performance, but real failures.
How to further diagnose this?
together with the cygcheck output that I already mentioned
1) to look on
/proc/self/maps or /proc/<PID>/maps
to looks for strange DLL loaded
2) try to use strace.
However usually strace impact the timing and the problem can never arise.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple