This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin bash for loops : repeated errors : [main] bash 1972 fork: child -1 - CreateProcessW failed for <bash.exe> errno 9 bash: fork: Bad file descriptor
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 12:10:43 +0200
- Subject: Re: Cygwin bash for loops : repeated errors : [main] bash 1972 fork: child -1 - CreateProcessW failed for <bash.exe> errno 9 bash: fork: Bad file descriptor
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5603C7B9 dot 7090901 at null dot net>
On 24/09/2015 11:51, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
.> On 23/09/2015 17:03, email@example.com wrote:
It seems a race problem, due to the repetitive fork of grep
for every line of some-file
So why does it fail? Seems like a bug to me!
As does not fail on my computer, I suspect is a race between your AV and
cygwin and sometimes cygwin wins.
Good for you. I don't have AV SW as I mentioned. And even so, that still makes it a bug.
Your system timing performance as so poor that something
is likely interfering.
Don't assume that is a cygwin bug.
Anyhow, a suspicion is speculative. I thought this mailing list was meant to report issues, and I think this is an issue.
Yes, this is the right place.
How can I further diagnose this? Is there a known way to further determine what's causing this?
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
"Run cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out and include that file as an
attachment in your report. Please do not compress or otherwise encode
the output. Just attach it as a straight text file so that it can be
easily viewed. "
so we can look at your system configuration.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple