This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin bash for loops : repeated errors : [main] bash 1972 fork: child -1 - CreateProcessW failed for <bash.exe> errno 9 bash: fork: Bad file descriptor
- From: litter at null dot net
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 11:51:53 +0200
- Subject: Re: Cygwin bash for loops : repeated errors : [main] bash 1972 fork: child -1 - CreateProcessW failed for <bash.exe> errno 9 bash: fork: Bad file descriptor
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
.> On 23/09/2015 17:03, email@example.com wrote:
>>> It seems a race problem, due to the repetitive fork of grep
>>> for every line of some-file
>> So why does it fail? Seems like a bug to me!
> As does not fail on my computer, I suspect is a race between your AV and
> cygwin and sometimes cygwin wins.
Good for you. I don't have AV SW as I mentioned. And even so, that still makes it a bug.
Anyhow, a suspicion is speculative. I thought this mailing list was meant to report issues, and I think this is an issue.
How can I further diagnose this? Is there a known way to further determine what's causing this?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple