This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Issues encountered with new Cygwin version
- From: Linda Walsh <cygwin at tlinx dot org>
- To: "Walter L." <bournenoir at hotmail dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 21:43:18 -0700
- Subject: Re: Issues encountered with new Cygwin version
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <BLU182-W10FB6B21A2AEC90F71470FD4450 at phx dot gbl> <154887677 dot 20150923111537 at yandex dot ru> <BLU182-DS2B4F831FEB7E4C1B67330D4440 at phx dot gbl> <56036256 dot 8080209 at tlinx dot org> <BLU182-DS2567923242507AF88D9315D4430 at phx dot gbl>
Walter L. wrote:
> > I believe the target of the symlink should be "protocol" (i.e.
> > singular)
> Err. That is. How did no one found it earlier?
Because it is plural on unix/linux? MS seems to have misspelt it?
I believe it's "misspelt" due to the 8 character limit for legacy file
How would that affect 'services'?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple