This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Issues encountered with new Cygwin version
- From: "Walter L." <bournenoir at hotmail dot com>
- To: "Linda Walsh" <cygwin at tlinx dot org>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 00:34:13 -0400
- Subject: Re: Issues encountered with new Cygwin version
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <BLU182-W10FB6B21A2AEC90F71470FD4450 at phx dot gbl> <154887677 dot 20150923111537 at yandex dot ru> <BLU182-DS2B4F831FEB7E4C1B67330D4440 at phx dot gbl> <56036256 dot 8080209 at tlinx dot org>
> > I believe the target of the symlink should be "protocol" (i.e.
> > singular)
> Err. That is. How did no one found it earlier?
Because it is plural on unix/linux? MS seems to have misspelt it?
I believe it's "misspelt" due to the 8 character limit for legacy file
names, and the weird thing is the script
(http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2002-09/msg00590.html) should already be
handling it; Something must've changed in the script, and I don't even know
where to find the change log for the script.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple