This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Issues encountered with new Cygwin version
- From: Linda Walsh <cygwin at tlinx dot org>
- To: "Walter L." <bournenoir at hotmail dot com>, "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 19:39:18 -0700
- Subject: Re: Issues encountered with new Cygwin version
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <BLU182-W10FB6B21A2AEC90F71470FD4450 at phx dot gbl> <154887677 dot 20150923111537 at yandex dot ru> <BLU182-DS2B4F831FEB7E4C1B67330D4440 at phx dot gbl>
Walter L. wrote:
Define "earlier" ? The permissions handling has been extensively
Probably from a few months ago, but I can't confirm. I've been trying to
figure out how to revert back to an earlier version to verify this. Where
can I find archived versions of Cygwin?
Yeah... I hear that... am more than a little afraid to update
my cygwin to 2.x for fear of some icky breakage...(i.e. my groups/users,
mostly work using my Linux server as a NT4-level domain server/file server.
Am afraid new security will in some way break things...
Already -- cygwin has broken NT-mount points created with linkd
and ship a broken version of 'login' that doesn't honor the "-p"
switch resulting in the need for insecure workarounds.
Will likely upgrade at some point, but am not looking forward
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple