This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Bash / cygwin process spawning (?) performance very slow
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 17:58:21 +0200
- Subject: Re: Bash / cygwin process spawning (?) performance very slow
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5602C28F dot 7030902 at null dot net>
On 23/09/2015 17:17, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
for a file of 167 lines. Process Explorer showed a CPU load of 20% on bash.exe, which was almost completely Kernel time.
Is such high Kernel load normal?
may be. forks are time consuming and your command is spending all the
time in fork
So why is it spending all its time in fork? That is the question.
In addition, I suspect your Antivirus is further slowing down the things.
I don't run an Antivirus program
than some thing else is crashing your performance
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple