This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Question about old win32 api
- From: Michael Enright <mike at kmcardiff dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 12:55:46 -0700
- Subject: Re: Question about old win32 api
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <A8FCEC4C682E094AAB49CE0CE41E28EA18502B88 at EXCHMB06 dot is dot l-3com dot com> <1442854377 dot 11704 dot 18 dot camel at cygwin dot com> <A8FCEC4C682E094AAB49CE0CE41E28EA18502C2E at EXCHMB06 dot is dot l-3com dot com> <1195136399 dot 20150921222509 at yandex dot ru>
On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 12:25 PM, Andrey Repin wrote:
> Greetings, Jacob.A.Lamberson@l-3com.com!
> 1. https://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU pretty please.
>> Upgrading would be a pain,
> Who said that?...
Between Cyg 1.5 and 1.7 the command-line interface changed on the "nc"
utility and, from the point of view of someone who at the time did not
read this list, it was a silent, breaking change. So I would not be
surprised if OP had a situation where recompiling an old version was
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple