This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problems running "hg convert" with "subversion[-python]" 1.8.13-2
- From: David Rothenberger <daveroth at acm dot org>
- To: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: Dr Rainer Woitok <rainer dot woitok at gmail dot com>
- Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2015 13:45:32 -0700
- Subject: Re: Problems running "hg convert" with "subversion[-python]" 1.8.13-2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <22014 dot 54142 dot 655000 dot 240116 at woitok dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 9/20/2015 8:40 AM, Dr Rainer Woitok wrote:
> back in July (2015-07-29) I reported a bug in "subversion" and "subvers-
> ion-python" version 1.8.13-2 when running "hg convert" which is not pre-
> sent in version 1.8.13-1. You replied that you intended to apply a Fed-
> ora patch and to make a new release. I've seen the new release being
> there, but did it solve the problem? Did you get any feedback on this?
> Since I currently need to convert subversion repositories all the time,
> I cowardly bailed out updating both, the "subversion" and "subversion-
> python" packages from version 1.8.13-1 since then when running Cygwin's
> I would even volunteer as a guinea pig, but only, if there's a save way
> back to version 1.8.13-1, should need arise.
[Posting to Cygwin list. Please keep discussion there.]
I did apply the patch from Fedora, but it didn't seem to help.
I just rebuilt subversion-1.9.1 using a locally-built version of
swig-3.0.7 (distro has 3.0.5) and that seems to solve the problem. I'll
rebuild subversion-1.9.1 and subversion-1.8.14 using swig-3.0.7 and
upload them shortly.
David Rothenberger ---- firstname.lastname@example.org
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple