This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New: luajit-2.0.4-1
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 08:34:17 -0400
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New: luajit-2.0.4-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 1442507869 dot 10372 dot 3 dot camel at cygwin dot com> <55FC62DD dot 2060602 at cornell dot edu> <1442614138 dot 5072 dot 8 dot camel at cygwin dot com>
On 9/18/2015 6:08 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
On Fri, 2015-09-18 at 15:15 -0400, Ken Brown wrote:
Thanks for this! I can use your 64-bit patch to build luajittex on
64-bit Cygwin. Two questions:
1. Do you plan to send your patch upstream? I had some correspondence
with the author last year in which he said he would welcome a patch to
make luajit build on 64-bit Cygwin.
Unfortunately, upstreaming takes time (particularly when dealing with
the many misconceptions people have about Cygwin) so I've admittedly
been lax in that regard.
I have to send the patch to upstream TeX Live anyway, so I could just
copy the luajit author.
2. Why did you use the -fexceptions flag in your build? The build
succeeds without that flag, and luajit still works AFAICT. (But I don't
really know how to test it.)
I'm just taking their word for it:
In particular, see line 50-55, although perhaps that only applies to
I'm not sure; I find that discussion ambiguous. On the other hand,
there's no mention of -fexceptions or -funwind-tables in the Makefiles,
and src/Makefile explicitly says (line 150) that there's probably no
need to change CFLAGS.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple