This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Mintty Hang on Exit after SSH on Windows 10
- From: Thomas Wolff <towo at towo dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 23:05:16 +0200
- Subject: Re: Mintty Hang on Exit after SSH on Windows 10
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAARkvKRkbruuFyfOJd1qQvFT52oZSSGMKJczr6JtgokrWCHNg at mail dot gmail dot com> <55FA927F dot 60704 at gmail dot com>
Am 17.09.2015 um 12:14 schrieb Marco Atzeri:
On 17/09/2015 10:10, Bryan Tong wrote:
I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and ever since I have I am getting a
hang every time I try to exit a Mintty window after using SSH.
First: a hang is not a crash.
What makes this issue more interesting is that I cant always reproduce
it. It only happens after I have long standing SSH sessions.
Best way to reproduce
1) Open mintty
2) ssh to a host
3) idle on this host for say 5 minutes
4) press "ctl + a + d" to disconnect from the host
5) press "ctl + a + d" to disconnect from the Mintty window
what happens if you type "exit" instead of "ctl + a + d" ?
What is ctl+a+d anyway? Both ctrl+a and ctrl+d in sequence?
You may have configured hold mode "error" (e.g. Hold=error in
I can almost always reproduce this after working on remote servers.
However when I try to do it on command it happen every time.
Does the terminal close when you type Enter in it?
Otherwise, and in any case, please test also with Cygwin console or/and
xterm. Many problems in interactive response reported with mintty turn
out to actually have some other context.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple