This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: problem with ~/.ssh/config ?
- From: Lee <ler762 at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 21:14:28 -0400
- Subject: Re: problem with ~/.ssh/config ?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAD8GWsvMTrzmJZhp2DQtfKNk6bpNAVSL1N1uYN5YVyHLqJ4yOw at mail dot gmail dot com> <17576-1442364299-983686 at sneakemail dot com>
On 9/15/15, John Hein <email@example.com> wrote:
> Lee wrote at 17:59 -0400 on Sep 15, 2015:
> > OpenSSH 7.0 defaults to no support for diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 key
> > exchange which is a problem with certain devices:
> > $ ssh 10.10.3.5
> > Unable to negotiate with 10.10.3.5: no matching key exchange method
> > found. Their offer: diffie-hellman-group1-sha1
> > http://www.openssh.com/legacy.html has two work-arounds:
> > 1. add "-oKexAlgorithms=+diffie-hellman-group1-sha1" to the ssh
> > command -- which works for me
> > 2. add "Host * KexAlgorithms +diffie-hellman-group1-sha1" to
> > ~/.ssh/config -- which does not work for me
> > What's the trick for getting the KexAlgorithms param in ~/.ssh/config to
> > $ cat ~/.ssh/config
> > Host * KexAlgorithms +diffie-hellman-group1-sha1
> The trick is a newline. Host entry on one line, config settings
> on lines below it.
yup - that was it. Thank you!!
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple