This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Error accessing mapped drive >2TB?
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Warren Young <wyml at etr-usa dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 03:25:12 +0300
- Subject: Re: Error accessing mapped drive >2TB?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CA+2x6-L_pqdN6PHE0c15hcmrmB66Z75Hz95cH+dbcn4yXuVZNg at mail dot gmail dot com> <712A87EA-64C7-4033-BE7F-39C8C8D527EB at etr-usa dot com> <110723294 dot 20150915064630 at yandex dot ru> <CA+2x6-LtkKk15AOavG5pUD+YwcKKa=TKU1nnHwEy45LKwLkFJg at mail dot gmail dot com> <0C37A612-5E78-48A8-9503-F3A34129BC7B at etr-usa dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Warren Young!
>> I'm going to be spinning up an Ubuntu box in the next few days that
>> will have a 5TB drive in it as well, so I'll be able to test to see if
>> the source OS (and/or version of SMB server) makes a difference.
> Please test by exporting the filesystem root, since exporting a folder
> makes the problem go away here. Maybe Cygwinâs UNC path parsing simply
> canât cope with a bare slash where it expected at least one folder name?
Even if you export whole root, it will have a "folder name" :)
With best regards,
Wednesday, September 16, 2015 03:24:48
Sorry for my terrible english...