This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: NOACL leads to a massive speed slowdown in file system processes
- From: tiwasey at arcor dot de
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 08:39:26 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: NOACL leads to a massive speed slowdown in file system processes
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
> This is not the default exactly because of its nature.
> It is unusable. You will not be able to run scripts from such mount point.
No problem for me, I have my scripts in my cygwin home/bin. Why put them outside? That's their environment.
> However, I don't quite understand the nature of the issue here. Why not assume
> all files "executable", and only check the magic word, when we actually trying
> to execute them?
Or all normal files like exe, com, bat, sh as executable, and the other ones manually with chmod. That information could be saved in a sqlite DB. Just an idea ;)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple