This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Cygwin terminal weirdness
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: All <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 21:36:11 +0300
- Subject: Cygwin terminal weirdness
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
This is best explained with a video ( apparently, list don't like videos ),
but for a quick reference, here's a description of observed behavior:
Call "man" on a sufficiently long topic. man bash would be quite sufficient.
Or just `less` a long enough text.
Hold down "End" key.
The screen buffer will jump and tear repeatedly, until you release the key.
Doesn't matter, if you exercise it in mintty or native console, it is all the
With best regards,
Friday, September 11, 2015 07:06:33
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple