This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
NOACL leads to a massive speed slowdown in file system processes
- From: tiwasey at arcor dot de
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 11:19:48 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: NOACL leads to a massive speed slowdown in file system processes
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Hello, I've used Cygwin under WinXP and now Win8.1. Among others I'm using it to rsync big folders. I had one big problem. On the destination the file system permissions where that wrong, that I could not enter the rsynced folders. As it is said in the internet, the solution for this is to use NOACL as fstab option. But that leads to massive speed slowdown. rsync processes took around 10 times as before. The same for du on a complex directory. Without NOACL it needed in one example 5sec and with NOACL around 10 minutes. So it seems like that the NOACL option leads to problems with file system processes. Whats the reason and is there a solution for that?
Thank you for helping.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple