This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: bash-4.3.42-3
- From: "Nellis, Kenneth" <Kenneth dot Nellis at xerox dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 12:48:59 +0000
- Subject: RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: bash-4.3.42-3
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150911141729 dot 0318b690929d91edcee250bd at inbox dot ru>
From: Mikhail Usenko
> There is also the similar problem found accidentally just now with sed in
> $ echo -ne "\r\n" | sed '' | od -A n -tx1 # should be: 0d 0a
> $ echo -ne "\r\r\n" | sed '' | od -A n -tx1 # should be: 0d 0d 0a
> 0d 0a
FWIW, back in 2012 there was a discussion on this behavior of sed.
Apparently strong enough arguments were made to retain this behavior.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple