This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: XWin.exe not running any more.
- From: Jon TURNEY <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: Thomas Schweikle <tschweikle at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 13:21:09 +0100
- Subject: Re: XWin.exe not running any more.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CA+rGx5cfyNN9AhBwL-T4xcns5Go6JvOqzomUTx2fx-HRRUZ2Qg at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 05/09/2015 13:14, Thomas Schweikle wrote:
Since yesterday starting "XWin.exe -multiwindow -clipboard" starts,
but stops after short. It doesn't keep running and X11 is not usable.
After starting I only see:
Welcome to the XWin X Server
Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project
OS: CYGWIN_NT-6.1 nc403-muc 2.2.1(0.289/5/3) 2015-08-20 11:42 x86_64
OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 [Windows NT 6.1 build 7601] (Win64)
Package: version 1.17.2-3 built 2015-08-25
Do you know what version you updated from?
[ 137,093] glWinSelectGLimplementation: Loaded 'cygnativeGLthunk.dll'
This looks like the xserver is crashing whilst trying to initialize WGL.
You might try adding '-nowgl' to the XWin options.
You may find that updating your graphics driver, if possible, resolves this.
(Since this seems to happen with some graphics drivers, there is code in
the X server which attempts to catch crashes in WGL initialization and
turn WGL off, but that doesn't seem to be getting control in this case)
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple