This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Fatal error while trying to install HP NPS application which uses cygwin - ** fatal error - couldn't allocate heap, Win32 error 487,
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 22:51:35 +0200
- Subject: Re: Fatal error while trying to install HP NPS application which uses cygwin - ** fatal error - couldn't allocate heap, Win32 error 487,
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAEo3S6c352GBxSL53AWG8VQ1tg64guy1wGhhLNyJ2CiiU913pg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 10/09/2015 19:46, Vivek Kashyap wrote:
I am trying to install HP Network Performance Server (NPS) v10.00 on
windows 2008 R2 enterprise OS with SP1,As part of installation it uses
cygwin to configure some of components
"** fatal error - couldn't allocate heap, Win32 error 487, " Details below -
We have tried rebooting the server, reinstalling application and
stopping antivirus and backup services but it didnt help
Can you please help in fixing this issue
as HP seems to have built this installer, have you asked them ?
- the cygwin version seems based on 1.7.9 from 2011, so a bit old, plus
it is a 32bit version that of course has fork limitation compared to the
64 bit version, while the system is a 64bit one.
- never a good idea to have to have path with space witch cygwin
D:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP BTO Software
I would try: call HP as they should solve the issue.
In alternative, but I wonder why an installation
require the gcc compiler and make.
1) install in a directory path without space
2) Update the cygwin package installed to a recent one
also possible replace the package with a 64bit version.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple