This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Nix Package Manager for Cygwin and Reproducible cygwins
- From: Konstantin Dmitriev <ksee dot zelgadis at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 20:17:42 +0600
- Subject: Re: Nix Package Manager for Cygwin and Reproducible cygwins
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87si6p5f1n dot fsf at eve dot fritz dot box>
2015-09-08 17:25 GMT+06:00 Florian Friesdorf <email@example.com>:
> we'd like to announce that we ported the nix package manager and a
> preliminary set of its package definitions to cgywin.
> Our work is detailed here:
> As part of it we are describing obstacles we encountered and how we set
> up a custom mirror to provide our own packages and gain reproducible
> cygwin environments.
> Please let us know if you have any questions/feedback.
Thank you for sharing this! I am very interested in the future step -
using nix to compile native Windows binaries. Will keep an eye on
your work. ^__^
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple