This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin FAQ is out of date: makewhatis is no longer used
- From: Brian Inglis <Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2015 11:07:47 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Cygwin FAQ is out of date: makewhatis is no longer used
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <01PQCV3MFRJO8Y4XKE at LNS62 dot LNS dot CORNELL dot EDU> <20150906115811 dot GC27066 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:
> On Sep 4 17:04, Selden E Ball Jr wrote:
> > It would be greatly appreciated if whoever maintains the FAQ could
> > update it to refer to mandb instead of makewhatis
> Please suggest a new text.
4.14. Why doesn't man -k, apropos or whatis work?
Before you can use man -k, apropos or whatis, you must create the man
database. Just run the command
(it may take a few minutes to complete).
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple