This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cp -rup fails if a file/directory exists
- From: Cliff Hones <cliff at hones dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2015 01:35:05 +0100
- Subject: Re: cp -rup fails if a file/directory exists
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CA4D3A18D8884B79941CA26190CE3636 at 2600kPC>
On 06/09/2015 22:16, Arthur Schwarz wrote:
> cp -rup dir /h/ works for version 8.23-4 but for version 8.24-1 it produces
> an error " cannot create directory '/h/dir': File exists", where 'dir' is a
> directory and '/h/' is a flash drive.
> Is there something I can do to force a save? I do not want to delete then
> save, I'd rather update a file/dir that exists or create a file/dir that
> I've unsuccessfully looked for the cp update notice.
I think these are what you were looking for:
coreutils version 8.24-3 probably fixes your problem.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple