This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
cp -rup fails if a file/directory exists
- From: "Arthur Schwarz" <aschwarz1309 at att dot net>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2015 14:16:38 -0700
- Subject: cp -rup fails if a file/directory exists
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
cp -rup dir /h/ works for version 8.23-4 but for version 8.24-1 it produces
an error " cannot create directory '/h/dir': File exists", where 'dir' is a
directory and '/h/' is a flash drive.
Is there something I can do to force a save? I do not want to delete then
save, I'd rather update a file/dir that exists or create a file/dir that
I've unsuccessfully looked for the cp update notice.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple