Re: Group Permissions on root folders problem (Windows 10 TP build 10061)

On Sep  5 15:59, Takashi Yano wrote:
> Hi Corinna,
>
> Is there any progress regarding this problem?

Considering that I had entirely forgotton about it, no.

> I recently encountered the same situation. After some trials,
> I found this problem occurs if the account, on which cygwin
> setup is executed, is a Microsoft account. This does not occur
> if the account is a local account.
>
> Above is true for both:
> a) Group permissions on root folders
> b) Creating sshd service using cyg_server
>
> I would be happy if this information helps you.

Not really.  For privacy reasons I'm not using Windows accounts, so it
would be really nice if somebody could track this down.

The group permission problem is easy (and I'm wondering if it really was
such a bright idea to let user SID == group SID slip through in Cygwin,
rather tnan  sticking to the former idea to change the group SID to
"Users" in this case).  csih needs a patch to not check for the group
x bit if user SID == group SID.

However, I have not the faintest idea why the cyg_server stuff doesn't
work.  Anybody willing to track this down in the csih helper script?

Corinna

Red Hat