This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Mailing list CCing etiquette [Was: Problem with git and file mode changes]
- From: Adam Dinwoodie <adam at dinwoodie dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Dani Moncayo <dmoncayo at gmail dot com>
- Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2015 16:03:09 +0100
- Subject: Mailing list CCing etiquette [Was: Problem with git and file mode changes]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAH8Pv0jXEEJ5P4jmojYne_SAt-DtK7twGLuujFCukoAhr1-f8g at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAH8Pv0j7y6-3d2Jwi1PzO1AXPVuXDc3S7tuAcVLEkGwEGJLE5w at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Sat, Sep 05, 2015 at 12:13:51PM +0200, Dani Moncayo wrote:
> (BTW, did you keep my address in CC? Because I didn't get any of your
> replies. I had to check the mailing list web archive ).
Standard procedure on this list (which I think is different to most such
lists, but it's afaik what this list has always done) is to only CC
people if there's an explicit reason to assume they're not subscribed
(which normally means because they've said so). Otherwise we just
assume they've subscribed to the list and will see responses that way.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple