This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.3.0-0.2
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at NexGo dot DE>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 14:36:38 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.3.0-0.2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 20150903203834 dot GB23669 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:
> I released a new TEST version of Cygwin, 2.3.0-0.2.
> Difference to -0.1 is a fix for a minor problem in kernel object ACL
> handling, probably unnoticed by most.
Both these versions have a new problem with UID/GID mapping from AD, my user
account should list as
uid=1124017(gratz) gid=1049089(Domain Users) groups=1049089(Domain Users),...
but gets listed as
So somehow the UID ends up in the GID list and the UID and some well-known
GID get translated as if they were from a foreign domain. The getent passwd
output from both versions is the same as the release versions.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple