This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: why no gpg-agent for Cygwin?
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 12:51:48 +0200
- Subject: Re: why no gpg-agent for Cygwin?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <l67hua1o9aitihq63muuqce0dvcrgrk9hb at 4ax dot com> <20150904100308 dot GA14466 at dinwoodie dot org> <2esiuat7dre4q0gjjv81ghh8n6q842kqhe at 4ax dot com>
On 04/09/2015 12:31, Andrew Schulman wrote:
On Thu, Sep 03, 2015 at 03:20:45PM -0400, Andrew Schulman wrote:
So, why isn't there a gpg-agent for Cygwin? Any hope of having one some
I suspect simply because nobody has packaged one, and somebody has to do
the work to make it available. I doubt anyone would object to you
submitting an Intent To Package per https://cygwin.com/setup.html.
If that's the only reason, I could certainly look at packaging it. I guess I'd
like to hear from Marco first though, the gnupg maintainer, to tell us if there
isn't some other reason.
for what I know gpg-agent belongs to GnuPG > 2.0
while we have only the classic gnupg-1.4.19
If I remember right GnuPG > 2.0 requires memory protection
features that do not exist on cygwin.
But I could be wrong.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple