This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Cygwin's ping requires privilege elevation.
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: All <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 04:27:34 +0300
- Subject: Cygwin's ping requires privilege elevation.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I had this issue running for some time, but recently I've (with a little help
from my friends) stumbled upon another Cygwin rip-off, and the hack they
implemented to get around this issue. (Yes, they just renamed the ping.exe to
I understand, that some of the ping functionality, indeed, require raw device
access, but if it is possible to avoid elevated calls for basic functions,
that would be highly appreciated.
With best regards,
Thursday, September 3, 2015 04:13:09
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple