This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Every time I run ssh, ssh prompts "password:" with latest OpenSSH package.
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Hiroyuki Kurokawa <kurokawh at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 19:47:15 +0300
- Subject: Re: Every time I run ssh, ssh prompts "password:" with latest OpenSSH package.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CABs5vS7UPWPps5ByU9L60z5PSszRNTkFAaQ+DK0e8HZNWDGXPQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Hiroyuki Kurokawa!
> The ssh command keeps prompting "password:" repeatedly with the latest
> OpenSSH package after I started ssh-agent and registered key with
> ssh-add command.
> Followings are my environment.
> % uname -a
> CYGWIN_NT-10.0 win8 2.2.1(0.289/5/3) 2015-08-20 11:42 x86_64 Cygwin
> % ssh -V
> OpenSSH_7.1p1, OpenSSL 1.0.2d 9 Jul 2015
> If I install back the older OpenSSH package ("OpenSSH_6.9p1, OpenSSL
> 1.0.2d 9 Jul 2015"), then ssh prompt "password:" only once. Old
> version works fine!
> I confirmed that "OpenSSH_7.0p1, OpenSSL 1.0.2d 9 Jul 2015" has same
> problem as "OpenSSH_7.1p1, OpenSSL 1.0.2d 9 Jul 2015".
> And I can see same behavior on another machine which OS is windows7.
> So, I believe the latest OpenSSH_7.1p1 & 7.0p1 have same problem.
> If I miss anything, please let me know.
You miss the -vvv log from both client and server.
With best regards,
Wednesday, September 2, 2015 19:46:55
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple