This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Every time I run ssh, ssh prompts "password:" with latest OpenSSH package.
- From: Hiroyuki Kurokawa <kurokawh at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Hiroyuki Kurokawa <kurokawh at gmail dot com>
- Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 22:58:50 +0900
- Subject: Every time I run ssh, ssh prompts "password:" with latest OpenSSH package.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
The ssh command keeps prompting "password:" repeatedly with the latest
OpenSSH package after I started ssh-agent and registered key with
Followings are my environment.
% uname -a
CYGWIN_NT-10.0 win8 2.2.1(0.289/5/3) 2015-08-20 11:42 x86_64 Cygwin
% ssh -V
OpenSSH_7.1p1, OpenSSL 1.0.2d 9 Jul 2015
If I install back the older OpenSSH package ("OpenSSH_6.9p1, OpenSSL
1.0.2d 9 Jul 2015"), then ssh prompt "password:" only once. Old
version works fine!
I confirmed that "OpenSSH_7.0p1, OpenSSL 1.0.2d 9 Jul 2015" has same
problem as "OpenSSH_7.1p1, OpenSSL 1.0.2d 9 Jul 2015".
And I can see same behavior on another machine which OS is windows7.
So, I believe the latest OpenSSH_7.1p1 & 7.0p1 have same problem.
If I miss anything, please let me know.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple