This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: suggestion for setup.exe: on quiet mode start window minimized option
- From: Roger Pack <rogerdpack2 at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 10:15:31 -0600
- Subject: Re: suggestion for setup.exe: on quiet mode start window minimized option
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAL1QdWd3B5fjrf+mnWqX_ctw0eSsA3z4EGSRoAAR+bG2ZxL0rw at mail dot gmail dot com> <6CF2FC1279D0844C9357664DC5A08BA210AAB817 at msgb09 dot nih dot gov> <CAL1QdWcNVy6w6_+cP+6YcbTqw4dj05d_mFzm=9KX_uNUhaG1jw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 8/28/15, Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] <BBuchbinder@niaid.nih.gov> wrote:
> Roger Pack sent the following at Friday, August 28, 2015 1:29 PM
>>Today I wanted to script an unattended install of cygwin. It works well.
>>However, I also wanted to be able to do it without showing a window to
>>the user at all. Suggestion/feature request: for --quiet-mode start
>>minimized, or perhaps add a "--start-minimized" option. Cheers. -roger-
> How do you start setup? Maybe one of the following will work for you.
> A Windows shortcut can be set up to start minimized. My impression is
> that one can use and mechanism to launch a Windows shortcut and then
> Windows will follow the instructions ("Start in:", "Run:", etc.) in the
> In cmd:
> start /min
> From a command line (though not a bash shell when cygwin, bash, or maybe
> mintty are being updated):
> cygstart --minimize
> cmd /c start /min
Thanks that did it!
For followers, I ended up using
start /min /wait setup-x86.exe -P ...
(since I wanted to wait for it to terminate before proceeding in my
batch script, like it does when run as straight setup-x86.exe).
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple