This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Running Cygwin's "setup.exe" on a new computer
- From: Dr Rainer Woitok <rainer dot woitok at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 14:50:27 +0200
- Subject: Running Cygwin's "setup.exe" on a new computer
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: Rainer dot Woitok at Gmail dot Com
having installed Cygwin on my old computer it's now time to move to new
hardware. Are there any Cygwin configuration or status files I could
copy from the old box to the new one which would cause "setup.exe" on
the new machine to automatically install the same packages as on the old
computer (except for version changes or new dependencies)?
One minor additional problem perhaps: the old box is 32 bit, while the
new one is 64 bit.
Any help welcome.
PS: Please also reply by personal mail as I am not subscribed to the
Cygwin mailing list.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple