This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Some programs (vi, ssh) crash when screen buffer height is big
- From: Sous Lesquels <a9f54d2 at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 11:39:47 -0400
- Subject: Re: Some programs (vi, ssh) crash when screen buffer height is big
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAHV8iDH4pG0FoGrckc36atQUV+SWOnryJ-zBDK92HTGgPRC=Ew at mail dot gmail dot com> <26A19798-1F20-4D52-A311-C8312E0D4621 at etr-usa dot com> <CAHV8iDGU8tN+58LR10e3zHxiEsr5ekXrKrLeyYRAD0tx0H6B1A at mail dot gmail dot com> <6DC9320F-4DCC-47E4-AB8C-3158EBD6260E at etr-usa dot com> <CAHV8iDFauqCe-aKZB6Ba1oJbOvvOr7M19ZyJJVu-t8DQ46f=ug at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAN=he+XN0qiLjm+K+0Qr13=GqtvAyJSArdFh873++1=dTjP35Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAHV8iDH=FL3XQ0OrK0pzLPOP+7-VK88HvD2_k2zzWZTc+hyXdw at mail dot gmail dot com> <55DC9C55 dot 9090404 at gmail dot com>
Thanks cyg Simple.
> It depends on the level of support you want from this list
In this case, if Cygwin is supposed to work with the regular windows
console? If mintty was created due to Cygwin *not working as expected*
on default windows console, that's a good answer, as long as it's
correct. If Cygwin *should* work on default windows console, then I
would appreciate someone explaining if there's a workaround, if this
would be considered a candidate for development any time soon, things
I don't expect anything. I'm not paying others to develop. I do hope
the bugs are fixed, one way or another, as I use Cywgin daily, so of
course I'd like it to work in an environment I have and like.
> That is what the installer sets up for you and is expected that you are using.
Installer also sets up Cygwin.bat in the home folder. Run it, run my
tests exactly as described in my previous posts, it will yield in a
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple