Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Early Deprecation Notice: Windows XP and Server 2003 support

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 8:23 AM, Andrey Repin <anrdaemon@yandex.ru> wrote:
> Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!

>>> I hope I can customize it to behave like XP (only the goodies of
>>> course).
>
>> http://classicshell.net
>
> That doesn't solve the hotkeys bound at driver levels, unfortunately.
> Half of my keyboard dead now thanks to the move to Win7.
>
> Anyway, on the topic: All I could ask is to give us a notice when the final
> build for XP is available, so that we could prepare own mirrors.

If you're passionate about it and you have any programming experience,
keyboard filter drivers are quite easy to write.  Only annoying thing
is you need a signing certificate that is authorized for kernel code
signing -- which is only available to companies and some slightly more
expensive issuing authorities for individuals.