This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: run.exe fails to start XWin on Windows 8.1 through the shortcut
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 21:08:08 +0200
- Subject: Re: run.exe fails to start XWin on Windows 8.1 through the shortcut
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1439656901 dot 456196 dot 26597 dot 54717 at mail dot rambler dot ru>
Jaakov Jaakov writes:
> Several minites ago I've tried run 1.3.4-1. (Previously, I expected
> getting and using a test version to be much harder than it actually
> turned out to be.)
OK, that explains it.
> And, voilÃ, starting XWin from the shortcut
> succeeded. Also starting from mintty and cmd. Said that:
> - huge,
> - tremendous,
> - enourmous, - exorbitant
> THANKS to you both, for finding a bug and correcting it.
Well, thanks for reporting the bug with enough information to hunt it
down, since I couldn't reproduce it at all. And of course to Jon for
saving me the trouble of converting the stackdump back to something that
makes sense and having a good eye on where the actual reason for the
crash might be.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple