This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: --line-regexp option with null data
- From: Vince Rice <vrice at solidrocksystems dot com>
- To: Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 22:26:26 -0500
- Subject: Re: --line-regexp option with null data
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAXzdLWo4nvaJBMOBYsOYeCdrgw_O=8CM_H_kwfxnU=AqnuOjA at mail dot gmail dot com> <6138-1437098652-808922 at sneakemail dot com> <1654709150 dot 20150717053047 at yandex dot ru> <CAAXzdLUh-UcphoDJ8sirf=t9K18obU5UUe0tvanMYgLr5=Mg8w at mail dot gmail dot com>
> On Jul 16, 2015, at 10:04 PM, Steven Penny <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 9:30 PM, Andrey Repin wrote:
>> Linux grep will do the same.
>> null byte = not a text.
>> Wrong encoding, not matching locale = not a text.
> I have repeatedly asked you to stay out of my threads. My experience is you
> typically misread, misunderstand or misrepresent most or all of the threads you
> comment on. I will ask again, please stop.
And you have been just as repeatedly told, by the people in charge of this list, thatâs not your call, and to stop speaking in such a manner to other people on this list.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple