This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Norton Business Suite identifies minntty as malware
- From: Brent <yhbrent at yahoo dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 03:21:50 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Norton Business Suite identifies minntty as malware
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: Brent <yhbrent at yahoo dot com>
On my work computer today, I ran cygwin's setup-x86_64.exe in order to get the latest and greatest code.
Soon afterwards, Norton Business Suite autoran, and claimed that the new mintty is malware (to be precise: WS.Malware.2).
This has never happened before: both Norton and cygwin (including mintty) have been on my computer for a long time.
I assume that mintty has not gotten infected with malware, and that this is probably a Norton bug, like what has been seen in the past:
That said, I thought that I would report it anyways.
--Win 7 64 bit pro host
--Norton Business Suite version 184.108.40.206
--latest cygwin and mintty (version 2.0.3-0)
--I have screenshots if anyone wants more details, but I cannot send them as attachments to this mailing list, right?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple