This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
file-error "doing chmod" "permission denied" issue
- From: susja <evoldman at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 16:07:36 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: file-error "doing chmod" "permission denied" issue
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I'm using cygwin 64bit on Windows 7.
I'm using X-emacs under cygwin.
In emacs I use eshell.
When I open text file and modify it and then save I have this error:
Error: (file-error "doing chmod" "permission denied" "<file_name>")
I followed all instructions to setup cygwin permission but still have this
Note: despite I see that error actually file get saved and I have a backup
of it in emacs hence it looks to me that message is innocent ... but
anyway it's annoying.
Could anyone suggest how to fix it?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple