This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin date displays only GMT on Win7
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Siv <sivakumarjr at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 09:16:08 +0300
- Subject: Re: Cygwin date displays only GMT on Win7
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <loom dot 20150707T180946-14 at post dot gmane dot org> <20150708082753 dot GE2918 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <97650594 dot 20150708172159 at yandex dot ru> <loom dot 20150708T165028-748 at post dot gmane dot org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
> Hi Andrey,
> The TZSET.exe
TZEDIT, not TZSET.
Please read whole message without skipping lines.
> file couldn't do anything helpful,
It is not supposed to "do anything", unless absolutely necessary.
I used it to confirm that the respective timezone was properly registered, and
it was, indeed, registered properly.
> but after looking in the
> Win7 control panel, in the "Date and Time" config, there was an option which
> was not set (never knew about it).
Not set as in - you had no timezone selected? I don't know how is that
possible, but all right. It may explain the issue you was observing.
> Changed it to UTC+05.30 and removed all
> extra settings in the cygwin.bat. Restarted cygwin and voila, date cmd is
> giving correct system time.
> Hi Corinna,
> Anyway will give a try out on the case insensitive check of time-zone.
> And thanx a lot for following up and the help.
With best regards,
Thursday, July 9, 2015 09:12:36
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple