Re: Migrating from MKS to Cygwin

On 7/6/2015 8:12 AM, Sarbjit singh wrote:
Hi All,

My organization is evaluating Cygwin as a replacement for MKS. We will
be using Cygwin primarily for running our regression cases on windows
(Regression cases are common for Unix and  Windows Platforms). Goal is
to migrate to Cygwin with minimal changes to be done at regression
test cases scripts (Makefile etc.).

So far, the main challenges are  with "pwd" command and  the
invocation of applications with .bat extension.

PWD Command:

Iy you need to translate between cygwin style and windows style
paths the best way is to use cygpath

From Bash prompt:

$ pwd
/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32