This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: gdb arbitrarily starting threads
- From: "William M. (Mike) Miller" <william dot m dot miller at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 20:28:49 -0400
- Subject: Re: gdb arbitrarily starting threads
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAH5rLZVsTzSVTRzG_Aucw=_i-o5M-G0_ddPu0gPaqQM-Nn3iJg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150620184715 dot GA17350 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <CAH5rLZXbYNUwB_f2Vigev--NsmB3FrdhWre1uYxAr0ckN8NvmQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <5585D052 dot 2010009 at cornell dot edu> <CAH5rLZU6mbwex-EM81N0TFpauoZ23ZJsAU0D6M1H3APzZmdO9w at mail dot gmail dot com> <558710A4 dot 5060309 at cornell dot edu>
On Sun, Jun 21, 2015 at 3:29 PM, Ken Brown <email@example.com> wrote:
> On 6/20/2015 4:51 PM, William M. (Mike) Miller wrote:
>> On Sat, Jun 20, 2015 at 4:42 PM, Ken Brown <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>>> On 6/20/2015 4:02 PM, William M. (Mike) Miller wrote:
>>>> Thanks for the reply. My concern, however, isn't that new threads are
>>>> being created; it's that when gdb does this, it sets the state of all
>>>> threads, including my main thread, to "(running)" so that I can't
>>>> single-step through my program any more. If I try to say "next", I
>>>> get the error:
>>>> Cannot execute this command while the selected thread is running.
>>>> But I did nothing overt to start my thread.
>>>> It never used to do this, but it happens regularly now.
> Eli Zaretskii has asked me to pass on the following information:
> On 6/21/2015 2:43 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Please point the people discussing this on the Cygwin list to these 2
>> threads on GDB mailing lists:
>> Bottom line: (1) it happens on Windows 7, not just on 8.1; (2) it
>> happens in the MinGW build of GDB, and so is not specific to threads
>> started by Cygwin for its own purposes; (3) it will most probably be
>> solved soon, since it is currently blocking the release of the
>> upcoming GDB 7.10.
> Please keep Eli in the CC on any replies since he is not subscribed to the
> Cygwin list.
Thanks to Eli for the work on tracking this down! It certainly is
annoying, so I'll definitely keep my eye out for a 7.10 announcement.
Thanks for the info.
William M. (Mike) Miller | Edison Design Group
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple