This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin memory leak
- From: Ian Lambert <ian dot lambert_42 at yahoo dot com>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 12:31:23 -0400
- Subject: Re: cygwin memory leak
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <192042331 dot 20150611220629 at morauf dot de> <160B707E-6BFC-4AD5-BBE0-56F810C13C94 at etr-usa dot com>
>> The taken memory is never
>> freed until os restart.
>I donât think Cygwin could do that even if it wanted to, given that you
>donât have any Cygwin services running. Once the last Cygwin process
>dies, the OS *will* release the memory it was holding.
It does, however, seem vulnerable to fork bombs, like:
while (( 1 )); do
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple