This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [Attn. git maintainter] git is now at version 2.4.3
- From: Äsmail DÃnmez <ismail at donmez dot ws>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 08:30:48 +0300
- Subject: Re: [Attn. git maintainter] git is now at version 2.4.3
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAJ1KOAihAwm7-p+yZQi_9fM9thkc5YFTe+9fCkpP-7BmKcH4eg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAAXzdLXSTbarAXYgs=Fo=q=PBLuHprS2q_uxkFehKAkr4Ed0Jw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 2:12 AM, Steven Penny <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 5:51 AM, Äsmail DÃnmez wrote:
>> Would it be possible to update our git version? Currently we are at
>> 2.1.4 and upstream recently released 2.4.3.
> I am all for updating Git
> but 2.1.4 is only 5 month old
> "upstream recently released..." is not really a good reason to update, so unless
> you can give one I vote -1 this request.
Cygwin always tries to be up-to-date unless there is a reason for not
to. Thats why I asked maintainer to check if its possible for an
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple