This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: strftime man page is garbled
- From: "Nellis, Kenneth" <Kenneth dot Nellis at xerox dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 13:09:36 +0000
- Subject: RE: strftime man page is garbled
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <556FEFA8 dot 6010100 at gmail dot com>
From: Marco Atzeri
> It looks a man-db issue, it misinterprets the ' at the begin
> of the phrase.
> Adding a single space before works fine.
Perhaps preferred would be to highlight the name with .B:
$ diff -u before after
--- before 2015-06-04 08:37:08.693623000 -0400
+++ after 2015-06-04 08:47:17.078420500 -0400
@@ -10,7 +10,8 @@
const struct tm *restrict TIMP);
-'strftime' converts a 'struct tm' representation of the time (at TIMP)
+converts a 'struct tm' representation of the time (at TIMP)
into a null-terminated string, starting at S and occupying no more than
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple